How to Tell if Your Dodge Vehicle Needs a New Battery
If you’re noticing that your RAM 1500 or Jeep Cherokee is having trouble performing, then it may be time to start considering a new battery. Car batteries have a number of important functions, including:
- Helps the engine fire up
- Supplies additional current when necessary
- Acts as an electrical reservoir
- Provides energy to the vehicle lighting system
Check for warning signs, and if you experience any of these issues on your Danville commute, it may be time for a new battery. At Gunter CDJR Martinsville, we can help!
What Are the Warning Signs?
The most obvious warning sign is if your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram vehicle simply won’t start. However, there are some more subtle signs that may indicate your car is ready for a new battery:
- Swelling: A neglected or damage battery can begin to swell and deform. You should take that as a sure sign that it needs to be replaced immediately.
- Engine Cranks Slowly: Starting your vehicle takes a lot of power, and a weak battery won’t be able to supply enough and could make the vehicle hard to start.
- Warning Lights: Most modern vehicles are equipped with dashboard warning lights that will let you know if your battery has low power and needs to be replaced.
- Component Issues: Vehicle components that require electrical power such as windshield wiper motors, power seats, radio, and others, can start acting up if they aren’t getting enough power.
- Leakage: Excessive corrosion around the battery posts or gunk in the battery tray could be an indication the battery is leaking and should be replaced right away.
How to Choose a New Battery
Your CDJR owner’s manual will have specific guidelines on the kind of battery your car, SUV, or truck needs for optimum performance. It’s important to note the current battery size, cold cranking amps, and life expectancy top. And of course, if you have any doubts, you can always drop by Gunter CDJR Martinsville service center to get your vehicle diagnosed by an experienced professional.
Trust Gunter CDJR Martinsville for Your Next Service Appointment
If you aren’t sure if the issues with your Dodge vehicle are due to a bad battery, or you just want a certified technician to take care of the problem for you, we’re here to help. From electrical issues to overheating, we can help with your maintenance issues. Schedule your auto service with Gunter CDJR Martinsville in Ridgeway, VA and we’ll take care of you right. Be sure to take advantage of our money-saving coupons and regular tire rotations!
Looking for a new SUV? Our team will help you compare the Grand Cherokee vs. Dodge Durango.
More From Gunter CDJR Martinsville
Like other popular Jeep models, the Jeep Renegade is one of the most capable off-road SUVs you can buy. What you may not know is that a wide range of available Jeep Renegade interior accessories make this midsize SUV an excellent choice for day-to-day driving, too. From versatile cargo solutions, advanced infotainment, and plush comfort…
If you want to turn heads on the Martinsville roads, then the Dodge Charger is sure to make a statement on every journey. As powerhouse muscle car with serious class, it’s hard to choose just one of the 2020 Dodge Charger trim levels to take home to Danville. Whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly thrill…
The Jeep Gladiator is a versatile powerhouse whether you are commuting to work in Danville or heading off-road in Martinsville, so it’s no surprise that Jeep fans have been anxiously awaiting information about the latest model. And while there’s plenty to discuss, the 2020 Jeep Gladiator engine pushes this model past the competition with best-in-class…
The 2020 Jeep Compass has everyone talking. All the buzz surrounds its off-road capabilities and smooth style. If you happen to be in the Reidsville, NC area and are looking for a compact SUV, you have found one! The Jeep Compass offers a lot of lovable features for the adventurer in you. The Compass blends sophistication…
When put up against cars like the Ford Escape, the 2020 Jeep Compass demolishes the competition. The Compass is Jeep’s answer to what SUV you should buy for your family. With glowing Jeep Compass reviews and satisfied drivers, there is no reason not to get behind the wheel of this beast! Gunter CDJR Martinsville are best suited…
The Jeep Grand Cherokee is an iconic, family-oriented SUV with an adventurous spirit— and the 2020 model year is no exception. This highly versatile model is available across seven trim levels with four different engine configuration possibilities, ensuring that any Ridgeway lifestyle can benefit from the power and performance of the Grand Cherokee. In the…