How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow? | Gunter CDJR Martinsville
Are you wondering how much can a RAM 1500 can tow? When properly specced, the 2019 RAM 1500 has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. With that much pulling power, the RAM 1500 earns Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. Learn more about the all-new features and technology that improve RAM 1500 towing capacity and make your toughest jobs a breeze!
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
Select one of three engines on the 2019 RAM 1500 to enjoy unique performance capabilities! Each engine is paired with a class-exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission to ensure a blend of capability and efficiency. Specs for each engine is as follows:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque—produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque and offers a maximum towing capability of 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine—produces 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque, allowing for a max towing capacity of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque—the same 395 hp V8 bolstered by the eTorque mild hybrid system boosts towing to as much as 12,750 pounds.
Payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds depending on the trim level.
Towing Focused Features
The 2019 RAM 1500 uses both brains and brawn to ensure powerful towing. This light-duty pickup offers some truly advanced features to make towing around Martinsville easier than ever. Key towing features include:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to allow the RAM 1500 to achieve up to 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The RAM 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes for greater stopping while towing on Danville and Reidsville, NC roads.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: Keep track of those driving around you and your trailer with this advanced driver aid.
Test Drive the 2019 RAM 1500 at Gunter CDJR Martinsville in Ridgeway!
Now that you’ve learned about how much the RAM 1500 can tow, are you interested in buying or leasing on today? Our sales and finance team will help you find the perfect RAM truck that fits your lifestyle and budget. Estimate your monthly payment before you come to Gunter CDJR Martinsville in Ridgeway today! Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have.
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup
Learn More with Gunter CDJR Martinsville
The Jeep Grand Cherokee is an iconic, family-oriented SUV with an adventurous spirit— and the 2020 model year is no exception. This highly versatile model is available across seven trim levels with four different engine configuration possibilities, ensuring that any Ridgeway lifestyle can benefit from the power and performance of the Grand Cherokee. In the…
If you’re curious about the best Martinsville Christmas activities, Gunter CDJR Martinsville can help direct you to fun and festive events like pictures with Santa or the Annual Mistletoe Market in nearby Roanoke. With plenty of delicious restaurants and activities in the Martinsville area, read our guide to learn about some of the best Christmas events in…
For the 2020 model year, there are four Jeep Wrangler configurations and two special edition configurations available, giving Martinsville shoppers a total of six unique ways to experience this iconic off-road SUV. Will you opt for the affordable Sport trim or upgrade to the high-tech Rubicon? No matter your choice, you can rest assured your…
Sitting behind the driver’s seat of an all-new 2019 RAM 1500 means enjoying leading capability while achieving up to 20 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway with a 3.6L V6 Pentastar engine, eTorque capability, and FWD. Best-in-Class 4X4 fuel economy ensures strong efficiency throughout the lineup. Explore all efficiency scores with…
About UsContact Us Fall in Virginia is one of the very best times of the year, and there’s no better time to experience the Martinsville area. If you’re ready to enjoy a few autumnal activities, you’re in luck! Whether you’re looking for local pumpkin patches or the best corn maze Virginia has to offer, we’re…